Friday, July 11, 2008

Insomniatic Update

I had planned to be asleep in bed far earlier than this, but since I am still wide awake, I figured I should pop in here for a bit. Things have been quite busy, but should finally start to slow down a little bit now. The update:

Covenant Gathering was fantastic. Very tiring for me - lots of very good discussion on a ton of different topics, but I was often the only one with specific knowledge on something. Being one of only two or three people between 15-30, and also one of two or three people coming from a "contemporary" church (I HATE that word), much less working in one, people had a lot of questions for me. I was happy to answer them, but it left me feeling pretty worn out when I got home, therefore...

VACATION!!! I've been lucky enough to spend the last couple of days taking a break from it all with my family in the mountains of Pennsylvania (also got to see the Pirates play again on Tuesday night... good times!) I'm still at my parents house until sometime tomorrow afternoon, when I'll head back up to Columbus for the Centerpoint middle school camp out this weekend. Definitely looking forward to that - should be a very good time.

I've decided to try Twitter again... I'll admit, I still don't completely get it, but I've heard a lot of ringing endorsements lately, so I decided to reactivate my account and give it "the old college try" (which is a funnier way of saying things now that I've graduated). I figure that I update my Facebook status all the time, and Twitter can use my updates on Facebook, as well as a number of other places (including this page - check out the left hand column), so I really had nothing to lose. We'll see what happens. If you use Twitter - get me hooked on your feed!

I've got tons of little half-baked entries bouncing around in my head right now - so stay tuned for a whole bunch of stuff over the next few days (that's what happens when I finally have some time!) For tonight - goodnight!

No comments: