Monday, June 9, 2008

House Concerts

I'm currently in the process of trying to book some house concerts for this summer. I have yet to see how successful that endeavor will be, but I'm hoping I can get a few on the books for July and August. I got into the idea of house concerts a couple of months ago and have been reading about and researching them quite a bit recently. Something really appeals to me about the intimacy of the venue and the gig. No mics, no barriers between artist and the audience... just open, honest songwriting. I feel like that's a good way for me to express my songs to people... many of them are quiet songs that were laid gently on my heart. It doesn't make sense to rock those tunes out in a larger room, at least not at this stage of the thing, so this is the route I'm going to take for the time being. Hopefully people will respond in the way I'm anticipating and book me!

No comments: