Monday, March 10, 2008

Stopping Time

Today was a very strange day. Between the cancellation of church this morning and the switch to Daylight Savings Time last night, time seems to have almost stopped. It's as if we just suspended everything happening in Columbus, Ohio for two days. It's a very strange feeling. Mentally, I'm fairly exhausted, but my body just wants to do something after being nearly stagnant for 48 hours. I did venture out twice today: once for something to eat, and then over to the school this evening. We're getting ready for a big band concert on Wednesday night, so we had to get our percussion equipment ready to go to the hall. After my parking experience over there tonight, I think there's a very good chance I'll be putting on my boots and trudging over on foot tomorrow morning. Parking will not be pleasant. I honestly half-expected the school to take another day in order to get everything cleared out, but it looks like that will not be the case (wishful thinking, perhaps). Understandable, considering the blow that missing a full day in our last week would be. Oh well, I'm sure it will all work out fine.

Watched "The Green Mile" tonight with Dave. I hadn't seen it before (go ahead and be shocked if you'd like, I just don't see many movies). Needless to say, I was pretty blown away. Wow. I think it says a lot about the way we carry ourselves in our lives, the messages we send to people. Every week I send our congregation at church with the words "carry Christ with you wherever you go this week"... I wonder how often we fail at that critical task?

Alright... I should at least make an attempt at sleep. Tomorrow, things get back to normal.

No comments: